Tuesday 3 January 2017

It's not really t-shirt weather

After the darling mothership went home last week I reclaimed what other people might call 'the spare room' and I call the sewing room.

And yesterday I managed to get some time together and run up the first make of 2017, a Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono tee.  I made one just before Christmas and it is a super easy pattern, good for getting back in the habit.  I did a turn and slide FBA on the pattern which was really easy and nice for a no-dart top - Maria Denmark has a tute for this.

I used another of 'I just couldn't leave it on the sale rail' pieces from my stash, a soft blue-grey piece of modal, silk and elastane - no idea what percentage the elastane is but the stuff is really stretchy.  It's so soft and drapey and easy to wear.  Now, I know it's not perfect, but I kinda don't really want to take it off...


3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Emma. How long did it take you to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thank you! It took about 90 minutes or so, the longest bit was the neckband as the fabric was quite roll-y from the edge...

      Delete
  2. Can you give me some suggestion through by your post.Thanks.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete