Well, almost at the end of Me-Made May already! I have just put the cover on my machine and shut the cabinet for the next few days - my mum arrives tomorrow and I need to get the spare bed out, and then we are off on holiday on Saturday so there won't be any sewing till June.
I thought and thought about the side ties on my Dottie Angel dress, and decided to move them after all. I moved them back up to where they should be but a bit lower than the actual pattern marking because, bust. And I am SO glad I did! It suddenly looks like the pattern packet, the shape is much more defined, the skirt flares better, overall effect is greatly improved. It wasn't designed as a waisted pattern so moving them too far down did affect the look and I thought the pocket placement was a bit bunchy and hip-heavy.
I'm glad I conquered my inherent laziness!
I definitely need some more tops though, and really need to get to grips with doing FBAs and moving darts and stuff. I'm going to do it when I get back from holiday!