Wednesday 18 May 2016

When will it be sunny again?

Another day of tights...

Today I wore a Cashmerette Appleton wrap dress.  It's great to have patterns designed by someone who understands the various fit issues of a fuller figure and wonderful not to have to make a full bust adjustments as Jenny's patterns are designed for a big range of cup and back sizes.

But...and I'm so sorry that there is a but...

I've never really got on with wrap dresses, they always make me look like a sack of spuds tied with twine, and although I had high hopes of this dress because of the design and the reviews, and I really love Jenny's makes on her blog, this hasn't changed my mind really.

I think it could in part be due to the fabric, it's not a matt jersey, it's quite slippery which wasn't great to sew, and I had a few problems making it.  The sleeves were massive at the wrist so I had to make them smaller, the length was waaaaaaaaaay too long so I had to take it up, and despite a promise not to gap at inappropriate moments - no-one wants to flash their boss! - I do find it slips and I generally need to re-tie it about 4 or 5 times during the day.

So, I don't love it.  I really wanted to, and I'm sad that I don't.  I wear it every now and then, but it's not a favourite and it hasn't convinced me that wrap dresses are 'my' dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment