Tuesday 3 May 2016

Day 2 MMM 2016

I was soooooooooo looking forward to wearing this particular skirt.  It's one of my earliest makes from around a year ago, and one of my favourites.

The fabric was from a vintage shop and labelled as genuine 50s.  It certainly has that feel.  It's quite a peculiar texture, feels thick and almost like heavy j-cloth or something, but it washed well and ironed like a dream.  And it drapes really nicely.

I cut it late at night, and I made a MASSIVE cutting error and just ignored putting it on the fold first which totally screwed up my calculations, so I ended up having to put funny little godets in the bottom to cover up where there was a gap in my pattern piece - in the spirit of an IT developer I'm calling them a feature not a mistake!

If I'd known or thought about it at the time I would probably have made pockets too - I do love a good pocket!

It's easy to wear, comfortable and pretty much perfect length and will be a summer staple, starting now.

And The Girl made the necklace!  She also wore a home-made dress, but my husband seems curiously unenthusiastic in having a made-to-measure shirt.  I'll convince him, one day...


Cami - Primark
Cardi - Fat Face
Shoes - Sketchers


No comments:

Post a Comment