Wednesday 25 May 2016

Day 25!

Well, almost at the end of Me-Made May already!  I have just put the cover on my machine and shut the cabinet for the next few days - my mum arrives tomorrow and I need to get the spare bed out, and then we are off on holiday on Saturday so there won't be any sewing till June.

I thought and thought about the side ties on my Dottie Angel dress, and decided to move them after all.  I moved them back up to where they should be but a bit lower than the actual pattern marking because, bust.  And I am SO glad I did!  It suddenly looks like the pattern packet, the shape is much more defined, the skirt flares better, overall effect is greatly improved.  It wasn't designed as a waisted pattern so moving them too far down did affect the look and I thought the pocket placement was a bit bunchy and hip-heavy.

I'm glad I conquered my inherent laziness!
Today's actual wear was the scuba Lady Skater from last Thursday.  I love it so much!

I definitely need some more tops though, and really need to get to grips with doing FBAs and moving darts and stuff.  I'm going to do it when I get back from holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment